Monday, December 14, 2009

Andrew Belle - The Ladder

With a raspy blues voice surrounded by nuanced melodies and an ocean of deep lyrics, Tennessee/Chicago native Andrew Belle has distinguished himself as a up and coming musician. With a Counting Crows-like introduction, Belle's debut 2008 EP All Those Pretty Lights contained songs featured on 90210 and The Real World helping him to capture MTV's Best Breakout Artist, Chicago Award.

On his homepage, Belle explains one of his major influences and earliest experiences with music:

"The first album that I ever bought for myself was the Counting Crows' August and Everything After when I was a sophomore in high school. It had already been out for several years at that point but I can still remember sneaking it up to my room and listening to it very softly out of the dusty Sony boom box in my bedroom; pouring over every melody and marveling over the lyrical genius in Adam Duritz; thinking, maybe I can do this someday? 'Not that I think of myself now as important to music as Adam Duritz or the Counting Crows have been, nor do I even dare to compare myself to such talent, but thinking back on my earliest experiences with music, there is no doubt that those quiet moments spent alone in my bedroom shaped my desires and passions and gave me the hope to make my small mark on this world, one song at a time."

Humbly written and brilliantly received, I caught Belle's performance at Chelsea's in Baton Rouge, LA with the Ten Out Of Tenn Tour about 3 weeks ago. It only took one song to see the talent this young musician had.

Keep a lookout for his upcoming full-length debut album The Ladder releasing this February 23, 2010, and catch his and other great musicians currently touring with the critically acclaimed Ten Out Of Tenn Tour.

Now the song that caught my immediate attention, The Ladder.


No comments:

Post a Comment